CLICK TO READ
Journalist Malou Tiquia and netizens lauded the good reform provisions for 2017.
She also enumerated the provision such as the universal healthcare, free tuition for all SUCs, additional funds for social services.
The budget were all in line with Duterte 10 point socioeconomic agenda.
She cited that the overall total budget allocation for 2017 GAA is 3.350 Trillion.
Read the full text:
What are the good reform provisions adopted in the 2017 GAA: universal healthcare, free tuition for all SUCs, additional funds for social services. Funds were allocated for free irrigation, prisoner's subsistence allowance, pension for WWII veterans and centenarians. Specifically and in line with the 10-Point Socioeconomic Agenda of PRRD:Moreover, netizens expressed how grateful they were to the administration for the next year national budget allocation.
1. Increased budget worth P8 billion for the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) so that all college students enrolled in any SUC in the country will not have to pay for their tuition fee.
2. P3 billion increase in the PhilHealth was approved so that all Filipinos will now be covered by the universal healthcare program, while indigent patients will not have to pay for anything in government hospitals under the No Balance Billing (NBB) policy.
3. Additional funds for the Department of Health (DOH) worth P1.521 billion for the Doctors to the Barrio program, construction of additional health facilities, and medical assistance to indigent patients; as well as the P2.646 billion allocation for the establishment of DOH-Treatment and Rehabilitation Centers in regions which do not have such facility.
4. P100 million will be granted to centenarians and additional funding is provided for the supplemental feeding program. Moreover, all 4.4 million beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) will now be entitled to a rice allowance in the form of cash grants.
5. P2 billion is provided to subsidize irrigation fees that farmers have long been shouldering.
6. Additional P1 billion is allocated under the Small Business Corporation so it can provide loans at almost no interest to microenterprises; additional funds were also provided for various programs of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) including Employment Facilitation and Capacity Building Service
7. Allocation for the combat and incentive pay of the military and police worth P12.1 billion, as well as funding for the Capability Enhancement Program of the PNP.
Thats a total of Php3.350 Trillion budget for FY2017.
Jamesky Romersky Vanderlipe A True People's Budget Ma'am
Tatz Lee At long last.a government for the people
Benedict Exconde A government that truly cares for the people and puts emphasis on the interests of the nation.
Ramil Duhalungsod Tuvilla ang daming mga nagawang #Pwedepala na hindi nagawa ng iba..
Amy Charity Emiatz Teo Tuldanes though i understand there's some "pork" issue, look at how many the admin had accomplished in just a matter of 5.5 months!!! ADD the infra investments coming in. I am so excited for the Philippines!!!
What can you say about this?Write your comment below.