Different groups on Friday filed cases against former president Benigno Aquino III and former Budget secretary Butch Abad before the Omb...
The complaint led by Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) chairman Dante Jimenez, Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Zarate and Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan) Secretary General Renato Reyes. They sued Aquino and Abad over technical malversation, usurpation of legislative powers, and graft and corruption.
Zarate said the two should both filed charged against graft and corruption.
“The DAP was nothing more than the presidential pork barrel taken from forced savings then realigned for pet projects of the President,” Zarate said.
“It was not a stimulus program as many of the projects approved by Aquino had nothing to do with stimulating the economy,” he added.
The DAP was considered by commentators as the pork barrel under the Aquino administration.Zarate said reserves from DAP were additionally used to pay off officials to indict the late Supreme Court chief Renato Corona in 2012.
Just last week, Aquino also sued against the 2015 Mamasapano incident by the two relatives of SAF killed. But Aquino dismissed the complaint as mere harassment.