PNP to Duterte's allegation 3 police officials into drugs
The outgoing PNP Director General Ricardo Marquez on Monday said that even before President-elect Rodrigo Duterte allegation to the corruption in police officials in Camp Crame, the investigation had been in progress.
"We have not seen any evidence that will support the information of the involvement of active generals [in illegal drugs]," Marquez said.
"We had raw information before, and as a matter of fact, we deployed special teams of the anti-illegal drugs group in the Visayas, but until now, the work is in progress," he added.
Recently, last saturday, Duterte mentioned 3 ranking police officials involved in illegal drugs. He warned them to resign or else he will humiliate them.
"Corruption must stop. I would have to ask … three generals in Crame to resign. Do not wait for me to name you in public because I will only humiliate you."Duterte statement during his Victory party in Davao City.
Duterte wants 3 Police officials in Camp Crame to resign
In February, President-elect Duterte already said that he knew of at least three high-ranking PNP officials involved in illegal drugs.
Marquez also said that they have a process they need to follow for dismissal.
Duterte’s statements about police corruption have somewhat shaken some agencies, but Marquez said it did not bother him because he knew that he had not done anything wrong.
“If they are involved in crime, we investigate. We will dismiss them from service, they don’t deserve to stay any minute further in the service,” Marquez said.
He added, "A lot of people had been discharged, we dismissed a lot. Many are still under surveillance, cases were being built up so we can file airtight cases against them. It’s been there, part of what we have been doing and we always remind our policemen, always be faithful to the badge you wear."