How to reduce Google Chrome memory usage
Google chrome is best browser of all time but the one problem of this browser is high usage of your RAM (Random Access Memory) and it can lower the speed of your computer. Here's the memory usage using google chrome browser.
But before doing anything here are some simple steps from support google on how to reduce memory
To free up memory, close out tasks (processes) in Chrome's built-in Task Manager. Look for tasks that you no longer need that are using a lot of resources, such as a video or an app.
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu .
- Select More tools > Task Manager.
- Click “Memory” to sort Chrome processes in order of memory usage.
- Select the task that you want to close.
- Click the End Process button. Note: any unsaved work in your task will be lost.
If an extension consistently uses a lot of memory, consider turning it off entirely. Here’s how:
- In the top right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu .
- Select More tools > Extensions.
Note: uninstall or remove the insignificant extension
Here are some steps on how to reduce RAM
This google chrome extesion is powerful to reduce RAM on your computer and save up to 95% memory and reduce tab clutter, Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list. When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once.
When your tabs are in the OneTab list, you will save up to 95% of memory because you will have reduced the number of tabs open in Google Chrome.
Tab Hibernation frees some memory and CPU on your computer by killing all inactive tabs. Your tabs won't get lost and you can restore them with a single mouse click.